MusclePharm Combat 4 lb
This is 25 grams of high-quality protein in a tasty, easy-to-mix shake, formulated for athletes And active people.
People who train hard demand a superior and more effective protein. To maximize muscle growth and ensure proper protein utilization, MusclePharm® scientists fortified Combat Powder® with a variety of protein blends that digest at varying rates, for up to 8 hours.* The great-tasting, easy-mixing digestive blend is fine tuned for true nutrient utilization—a step ahead in protein powder technology. Most supplement companies seem to be okay with the status quo, the minimum. But ask yourself: do you give your workouts minimum effort? MP® scientists over-delivered. Combat Powder® is precision-engineered with whey protein concentrates, hydrolysates and isolates, egg albumen, micellar casein.
WHAT’S IN COMBAT™?
•Whey Protein Isolate – Highest available yield of protein, gram for gram, of any whey protein source, WPI is fast absorbing into the muscle tissues, and has immune boosting properties to protect the body system during periods of intense training.
• Partially Hydrolyzed Whey Protein – Hydrolyzed whey is protein that’s been broken down into fast-absorbing peptides. The fastest absorbing of all forms of whey, hydrolyzed whey hits the bloodstream first, providing a rapid infusion of muscle building amino acids.
• Micellar Casein – very slow-digesting, micellar casein has the capability of slowly infusing amino acids over several hours, protecting muscle tissue from breakdown over time. There is no substitute for the anti-catabolic effects of micellar casein.
• Whey Protein Concentrate – closer to the whole food sources than other whey proteins, concentrate contains real food subfractions such as alpha-lactoglobulins and lactoferrins, with specific immune boosting and muscle building properties.
• Egg Albumin – High bio-availability and well tolerated by most individuals, egg albumin has a high BCAA content and arginine. Egg albumin is a powerful contributor to hormone production and the muscle building process.
• Digestive Enzyme Blend:
Digestive enzymes break down food along the digestive tract so that nutrients can be absorbed into the bloodstream. COMBAT™ contains 60mg of a Digestive Enzyme Blend to aid in the digestion and absorption of the key muscle-building proteins contained herein. The body cannot absorb what it cannot break down. The added Digestive Enzyme Blend ensures maximum utilization of COMBAT’s muscle-building protein component.
• Added BCAAs and Glutamine:
The Branched Chain Amino Acids, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, and L-Valine, are the most critical of the essential amino acids for the maintenance, repair and building of muscle tissue. The BCAA’s (especially L-Leucine) have been shown to stimulate protein synthesis and therefore, muscle growth. BCAA’s may also slow down catabolism by inhibiting cortisol. L-Glutamine is the amino acid that has immune-boosting properties. L-Glutamine helps with recovery as well. Together, the extra Branched Chain Amino Acids and the added Glutamine in COMBAT fortify the muscle-building, recovery and immune-boosting properties of this, the most technologically advanced protein super food available.
COMBAT™ feeds the anabolic and recovery pathways within the body to support muscle growth, fuel recovery and maximize the body’s adaptive response to hard training.
NO HARD-TRAINING ATHLETE SHOULD TRAIN WITHOUT COMBAT™.
Note: Ingredients and values may be slightly different depending on the flavour.
Should COMBAT be mixed with milk or water?
COMBAT protein can be mixed with either depending on your tastes and goals. A thicker and richer shake will be had with the use of milk, but I only recommend this for those that are bulking up. For those looking to gain lean muscle and/or reveal more definition, I would recommend either straight water or ½ skim milk and ½ water. COMBAT tastes great either way.
Can COMBAT be used in conjunction with other Muscle Pharm products?
Absolutely it can! COMBAT is a perfect fit with any and all of the Muscle Pharm line of hardcore products! In fact, COMBAT should be the foundation of your supplement program no matter what your fitness goals entail.
How do I know how many scoops to use per serving?
Although this is difficult to answer because there are many factors involved when evaluating the amount of protein that should be consumed per meal and on a daily basis, my general recommendation would be:
• 150 lbs and less
• 1 scoop per serving
• 151-200 lbs
• 1.5 scoops per serving
• 201-225 lbs – 2 scoops per serving
• 226-250 lbs – 2.5 scoops per serving
• 251 and up – 3 scoops per serving
Since protein already contains both glutamine and BCAA’s, why is there more added to the formula?
BCAA’s and glutamine are the most important amino acids for muscle growth and repair, mostly because of the roles they play in protein synthesis, immune system function, energy production,glycogen storage, natural GH release, and the slowing of protein breakdown. Thus, we added even more of these amazing aminos so that your results would surpass anything you have experienced with any other protein powder
Save on MusclePharm Combat Whey Protein at Takedown Distribution